[FFmpeg-devel] exported symbols in libswscale

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Sat Jun 20 11:28:15 CEST 2009

Hey folks,

While analysing the symbols exported by various ffmpeg libararies, some
things made me wonder. I'll probably continue asking further questions
about other libraries, let me start with libswscale for now.

I've noticed that on different architecture libswscale exports a
different set of symbols. None of these symbols are mentioned in
libswscale/swscale.h. I assume that none of these symbols should
actually be used by applications. Is that assumption correct?

If yes, I guess these symbols should ideally not be exported in
libswscale.so.0 at all in the first place then, correct?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4