[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] Unable to compile with --enable-runtime-cpudetect on Mac OS X

Patrice Bensoussan patrice.bensoussan
Thu Jun 25 00:33:19 CEST 2009

On 24 Jun 2009, at 23:21, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2009, at 23:17, Adrian Stutz wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:12 AM, Patrice Bensoussan <
>> patrice.bensoussan at free.fr> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to compile ffmpeg for ppc so that it can run on both G3
>>> and G4
>>> (using altivec with G4). It seems that --enable-runtime-cpudetect
>>> option has
>>> been introduced recently in configure, so I assume it would be the
>>> option to
>>> use to achieve what I want to do... but doesn't seem to work... Am
>>> I missing
>>> something or is this a known issue/limitation?
>>

>> I've just submitted a patch for this issue, see here:
>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-June/
>> 071836.html
>>

> Works nicely :-) what about the options on the gcc compilation line?
> I can see -maltivec -mabi=altivec is being used... does it mean it
> will not work on G3? Thanks.

Had a quick look in configure, and it seems to me that these flags
should not be enabled if --enable-runtime-cpudetect is used... I am
correct?

Patrice