[FFmpeg-devel] license violator seeking help to continue his behavior

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Jun 25 10:12:45 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:58:56AM +0100, Patrice Bensoussan wrote:

> On 25 Jun 2009, at 00:24, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> >But this is not the important thing here.  The important thing here is
> >that you are blatantly violating our license in many ways with your
> >easywma and easywmv shareware programs:
> >
> >http://www.easywma.com/
> >http://www.easywma.com/wmv/
> >
> >And now you have the cheek to come here to get help preparing your
> >next release?  This is galling and the fact that you have some
> >patches in FFmpeg makes it doubly disappointing.
>
> Can you please elaborate on how I am violating the license? I would be
> happy to fix any issue related to this?

I see you have never read the license.  No surpises there.

Would you sign a work contract without reading it?  Buy a house and not
read the contract?  Patrice, we two need to do more business together,
I'm always on the lookout for gullible fools to show them my bridge
collection.

You are trying to do business based on GPL software.  The time for naive
assumptions is through.  So far you are doing everything wrong, it's
time for you need to get to know the facts.  Go read the license, pay
special attention to ?3.

Diego