[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter-soc update and variable frame size/pixel format

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Mon Jun 29 21:57:04 CEST 2009

On date Monday 2009-06-29 21:01:15 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 08:54:38PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:

> > > i dont review diffs of diffs :)
> >
> > In attachment the diff. Note that I'm just keeping the old behaviour
> > when CONFIG_AVFILTER is enabled.
>
> i also dont review that
> we have A ---diff1--->B
> and
>
> we have A ---diff1--diff2->B
>
> i review diff2, i wont review a combined diff1+diff2 nor a diff between
> diff1 and diff1+2
>
> not sure why you post the change like this ...

The diff of diff still looks to me the more readable alternative,
considering that the difference between the two patched versions
(19066 and 19289) contains many diffs related to the ffmpeg
development.

Also to get such a patch is quite painful, and that was the reason for
which I avoided it the first time, to get it I had to go through:

svn export svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/ffmpeg.c ffmpeg.c.r19XXX -r 19XXX
patch -p0 < ../diffs/02_ffmpeg_filters.diff.r19XXX
svn export svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk/ffmpeg.c ffmpeg.c.r19YYY -r 19YYY
patch -p0 < ../diffs/02_ffmpeg_filters.diff.r19YYY

diff -u ffmpeg.c.r19XXX  ffmpeg.c.r19YYY > patch

Note that the new version passes regression tests as before (that is all but the
old mxdf10 one), so I believe it should quite safe to apply it.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Forgiving & Faboulous Merciful Patchable Evangelical Gangster