[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Mar 1 20:44:12 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 07:35:31PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> ARM is failing one of the FATE tests (real-14_4).

Down from 3

> PPC64 Linux
> - GCC 4.1.2
>   - ICE
> - GCC 4.3.1
>   - fails a regression test pertaining to gxf (it's currently at r17692)
>     http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10390711

Hardware issues, I think everything works for that unless the latest
revisions broke something.

> Windows MinGW
> - GCC 4.2.4
>   - fails during compilation (currently at r17694)
>     http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?stderr=60303

Yes, that has been fixed in r17695

> - GCC 3.4.6
>   - fails a h.264 compliance test (currently at r17695)
>     http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10400390
>
> Linux x86_32 seems to have been down for 19 hours and is stuck at
> r17671 or thereabouts.

These are indeed a bit of a problem, particularly since we have no 2.95
tests.

> Linux PPC is mostly fine except for SVN GCC and I think we can ignore
> that for the time being as it's a combination that is known to have
> issues.

That is an understatement. It has been in the same crappy state since
forever.