[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Mar 1 21:32:00 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 08:00:37PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> 2009/3/1 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
[...]
> >> PPC64 Linux
> >> - GCC 4.1.2
> >> ? - ICE
> >> - GCC 4.3.1
> >> ? - fails a regression test pertaining to gxf (it's currently at r17692)
> >> ? ? http://fate.multimedia.cx/index.php?test_result=10390711
> >
> > broken HW, overheating system crashes whatever from what ive just read
>
> Right. :) What is the PPC64 machine? Can we do anything (use some of
> our mphq funds maybe?) to get it some better cooling?

IIRC reimar said 7<something> degree C this doesnt even sound that much
to me.

but x86* heatsinks are cheap, epoxy is too just make sure you put some
thermal compounent below epoxy is said to be not that good for thermal
conductance ...

also id do a memtest on it if theres a memtest for ppc

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire