[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Robert Swain robert.swain
Mon Mar 2 06:13:22 CET 2009

2009/3/1 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 08:58:23PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:

>> > It wasnt working before
>> > If you ask me if the random timestamps where by luck sometimes correct and
>> > that by more luck they are wrong in that case now, well iam not aware of a
>> > specific case but i did not search for one either (it was said, you dont have
>> > to work for the release just dont be in its way ...)
>>
>> OK, so these changes have been improvements, good. I wasn't aware
>> things were significantly broken before and just had the impression
>> that you were trying to clean things up/generalise the implementation.
>
> hehe, no h264 timestamps where random, they still are in many cases,
> theres a reason why vsync is disabled on many conformance tests on fate ...

https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2009-March/019303.html

It seems people are experiencing frame rate problems on h.264 files. I
knew I had a bad feeling about timestamp and frame rate code being
altered before a release. :(

I was confident in the current code not having caused regressions
after what you said earlier but now I'm not. I think we may have to
resort to creating a branch for the release and fixing up the code to
be release-worthy (i.e. no regressions).

Regards,
Rob