[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Ivan Schreter schreter
Mon Mar 2 08:37:28 CET 2009

Robert Swain wrote:
> 2009/3/1 Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>:
>
>> On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 08:58:23PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>> hehe, no h264 timestamps where random, they still are in many cases,
>> theres a reason why vsync is disabled on many conformance tests on fate ...
>>

> https://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2009-March/019303.html
>
> It seems people are experiencing frame rate problems on h.264 files. I
> knew I had a bad feeling about timestamp and frame rate code being
> altered before a release. :(

Uhm, this is due to time_base changes, not really timestamps (QuickTime
has timestamps for each frame, so timestamping code will not play any
role). QuickTime movies stopped playing, since they mostly lack timing
info and thus time_base was wrong. I had the same problem.

But AFAIK, Michael has already resolved it. At least HEAD decodes my
H.264 MOV samples fine with correct frame rate.

[...]

Regards,

Ivan