[FFmpeg-devel] Continuous FATE Cycles for DOS/DJGPP

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Fri Mar 6 16:58:19 CET 2009

Mike Melanson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know this person who wants to run continuous FATE cycles on DOS,
> compiling with various versions of DJGPP (I think he's running the whole
> thing in DosBox). What do you think? Should we let this stuff into the
> FATE main page?

I think it is a good idea. It is always interesting to know what fails
in those systems (and what might break them)...

> Currently, the tester reports that gcc 3.3 and 4.2 both pass 250/252
> tests while 4.3 only passes 125/252 tests. So it runs the risk of
> stinking up the FATE main page.

Since you are talking about 125/252 tests failing, you made me remember
a minor problem I have with FATE: in any configuration where h264 was
miscompiled, it is hard to see in FATE if anything else is broken or not
(the page shows only a few of the tests failing, normally all h264)...

-Vitor