[FFmpeg-devel] Continuous FATE Cycles for DOS/DJGPP

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Mar 6 21:56:50 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 04:58:19PM +0100, Vitor Sessak wrote:
> Mike Melanson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I know this person who wants to run continuous FATE cycles on DOS,
> > compiling with various versions of DJGPP (I think he's running the whole
> > thing in DosBox). What do you think? Should we let this stuff into the
> > FATE main page?
>
> I think it is a good idea. It is always interesting to know what fails
> in those systems (and what might break them)...
>
> > Currently, the tester reports that gcc 3.3 and 4.2 both pass 250/252
> > tests while 4.3 only passes 125/252 tests. So it runs the risk of
> > stinking up the FATE main page.
>
> Since you are talking about 125/252 tests failing, you made me remember
> a minor problem I have with FATE: in any configuration where h264 was
> miscompiled, it is hard to see in FATE if anything else is broken or not
> (the page shows only a few of the tests failing, normally all h264)...

fate needs more inteligence :)

"all h264 tests are failing"
"5/100 h264 tests are failing"
"all svq3 tests are failing"
"all pal8 tests are failing"

that is each test should have a list of tags
* when a single test is failing FATE should print it
* when more tests are failing and they all have a common tag
  FATE should be printing that tag with 2 numbers showing how many
  of all tests have that TAG and how many are failing of that

> ... defining _GNU_SOURCE...
For the love of all that is holy, and some that is not, don't do that.
-- Luca & Mans