[FFmpeg-devel] AAC/RTP crash

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat Mar 7 18:01:04 CET 2009

On 7/3/09 15:43, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Ronald S. Bultje<rsbultje at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> looking at lavc (I first want the decoder LGPL before I touch it, btw,
>
> Oh wait I guess that was AC3. :-). Well, I guess I'll have to look at
> aac decoding then... What's the status of all these extensions?

Hehe. I'm working on SBR. I've got the code all written but I need to
get it working and clean it up before I submit it.

There are different ways of signalling SBR within a stream and I think
one of the types couldn't be decoded by an LC AAC decoder. I'll have to
check. At least in many cases an SBR stream can be played by an LC AAC
decoder, it just won't sound as good due to missing high frequencies.

The rtsp stream to which you linked didn't spit any SBR notes though so
I don't think that's the issue there.

Regards,
Rob