[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] consider all mpeg4 tb_unreliable()

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Mar 8 21:51:34 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 08:50:40PM +0100, elupus wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 15:48:28 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>
> > Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
> >
> >> [18 quoted lines suppressed]
> >
> > Except when the codec has the correct rate and the container is
> > telling lies.  I've seen both often enough with AVI that I wouldn't
> > pick either one blindly.
> >
> > I don't play AVI files much these days though...
>
> Another option I just realized, have the avi demuxer set r_frame_rate
> aswell as timebase. Since the time_base of avi is directly related to the
> framerate for avi's. It could be a point in having the demuxer set that
> instead of trying to calculate it later.
>
> Would that be acceptable in this case?

containers that have a complete index could set r_frame_rate.

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras