[FFmpeg-devel] release status

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Sun Mar 8 22:02:22 CET 2009

Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com> writes:

>> FTR, debian/unstable already ships a build from the 0.5 release branch.
>
> Hmm, shouldn't it have remained in experimental or so until we've made
> an official release announcement?

At this point of the debian release cycle, I didn't see a need for going
via experimental. We are currently stuck in the libavcodec51 ->
libavcodec52 transition, and the snapshot that I used for that was just
a few weeks earlier. I needed another upload anyway so I've choosen to
switch to the release branch.

> In any case, have you had any feedback from it?

If you mean in terms of bug reports, no. debian/unstable has just opened
and there is still quite a lot of fallout in terms of library transitions.

It built on all debian architectures:
https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=ffmpeg-debian, if you count that
as feedback.

Other from that, there are still a number of packages suffering from the
removal of the internal scaler; they of course need to be ported to
libswscale and most have already done so. A lot of other packages are
still having wrong include paths. A list of affected package can be seen
at
http://ftp-master.debian.org/~adeodato/ongoing_transitions/libs.html#libavcodec51

Nothing too unexpected yet, but there is still a lot of work going on in
debian for this transition.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4