[FFmpeg-devel] speed regression in ffmpeg/mpeg2video

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Mon Mar 9 11:55:33 CET 2009

On Monday, 09 March 2009 at 04:25, vmrsss wrote:
> On 9 Mar 2009, at 04:12, compn wrote:
> > could you please give us the url to the page or document which says
> > that ffmpeg-devel is the place for bug reports?
>
> It is just enough to look at last week's threads to see that your
> statement unnecessarily restrictive and in fact incorrect. As I
> understand it, FFmpeg-devel is for developer matters, and crashes and
> regressions are just one of those matters. Mine is not a bug report,
> it is testing.

Past or current bad practice is no justification for further infractions.

> Anyway, more than arguing against me, perhaps some of the developers
> will find useful the following two crash logs as a further indication
> that there might something to look at in swscale.c for x86_64. Let me
> know if there is anything more I can do (eg in terms of gdb stack
> traces) to be of assistance.

What you've provided is not useful at all. Please re-read
http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html
and post a proper bugreport to FFmpeg's issue tracker.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | RPMFusion http://rpmfusion.org