[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] special "broken DV" demuxer

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Wed Mar 11 21:46:55 CET 2009

On 3/11/2009 1:28 PM, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 09:20:32PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> if i understood correctly we have a "startcode" that has a few reserved bits
>> currently we search for it assuming the bits are 1 (as the spec wants)
>> why dont we instead search for the startcode to occur in the expected
>> intervals and its reserved bits match between 2 startcodes but without
>> requireing them to be any specific value?
>
> No, not quite. Currently we look for the first DV section in a frame.
> That works so far, the problem is that pond.dv completely lacks that
> section and instead has all 0s there.
> Btw. can someone try if pond.dv plays e.g. with Quicktime?

pond.dv does not play with Quicktime (eof reached), it does play with VLC.
spacejam does play with Quicktime, but does not play with VLC.

FFmpeg should play both :)

checking for life_signs in -lkenny... no