[FFmpeg-devel] Blu Ray drive donation

Robert Swain robert.swain
Mon Mar 16 17:14:10 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

After the phoronix interview [1] that we indulged after the release last
week, it seems there is a fair amount of interest in FFmpeg supporting
Blu Ray decoding.

I have received a private e-mail asking if we would be interested in a
donation of a Blu Ray drive. I would also request some Blu Ray media for
testing purposes if the donor could afford it. Aside from this private
e-mail, a few other people have expressed an interest in making
donations to enable such support.

I expect we would not try to implement some AACS decryption, but only
support decoding of non-encrypted streams. Is anyone interested in
receiving this donation to work on Blu Ray support?

Best regards,
Rob

[1] http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=13589