[FFmpeg-devel] Blu Ray drive donation

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Mar 16 19:25:58 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 02:16:38PM -0600, compn wrote:
> there is an aacs implementation in java, and a guide how to rip the
> movies on linux:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/BluRayAndHDDVD
>
> this aacs lib could be a nice GSoC project, of course it doesnt have to
> be ffmpeg's. it could go in VLC or any group :)
>
> while this lib cannot use AACS to decrypt (because it has no player key
> for itself), it should allow users to use keys from other players.
>
> e.g. ffmpeg + aacslib reads from ~/.aacs/keys
> it would have a list of known player and disk keys:
>
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
> 45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2
> 7A 5F 8A 09 F8 33 F7 22 1B D4 1F A6 4C 9C 79 33

By what I gather from the description, I would say it makes most sense
to have such a "aacslib" for getting the title key, whereas decrypting
the (e)vob with a given title key would make more sense to handle in
FFmpeg, since to decrypt you have to parse the stream, which the demuxer
already does. Not sure how ugly it would get to extend the MPEG demuxer
for that though.