[FFmpeg-devel] Blu Ray drive donation

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Tue Mar 17 07:58:08 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:13:57AM +0530, Jai Menon wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> The task is still missing a mentor...
> >
> > The task is missing a student. IIRC, original VC-1 development was mentored by
> > Mike Melanson; and, well, we have more or less working VC-1 decoder for progressive
> > streams.
>
> students tend to lean towards tasks which someone is willing to mentor. so if
> someone does step up, that would be great.

Look here:
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_Summer_Of_Code
Most projects were not completed in time and usually were completed by either mentor
himself or somebody else. Unless we talk about muxers.

And I can name two persons who are good in mentoring fringe formats:
Benjamin Larsson and Mike Melanson.

> and btw, who will review vc1 patches? ;)

It was Michael Niedermayer last time.
Alternatively, run "grep vc1 MAINTAINERS"