[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2009: FFmpeg is in

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Mar 19 16:08:33 CET 2009

Hi,

(for all)

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> I started populating the wiki with small tasks, given recent Ronald push
> would be interesting coming up with a SoC project to have ffmpeg
> rtsp/rtp layer improved till we could replace live555 for the projects
> using it (mplayer, vlc).

We've added a combination of tasks to the SoC project page. Comments
appreciated.

I'd personally like to see students propose a combination of tasks
from the SoC page (or anything related that they come up with
themselves) that they (1) are highly interested in, and (2) think they
can complete in a reasonable timeframe. Luca and I both volunteer to
be a fulltime mentor for it.

For those interested in this as a SoC project: as a qualification
task, please pick anything RTSP related from the small tasks or SoC
project page. As with any qualification task, we want you to show us
you can get stuff done (= in SVN).

Ronald