[FFmpeg-devel] Interested in applying SoC @ ffmpeg

Robert Swain robert.swain
Fri Mar 20 18:37:40 CET 2009

On 20/3/09 17:16, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 05:51:36PM +0100, Janez Urevc wrote:
>>> I added your name, but note that a simple patch for pngdec.c that does the
>>> rgb48->rtb32 conversion is
>>> 1. unlikely to reach svn
>>> 2. not enough as a qualification task.
>>>
>>> I can't say anything about adding rgb48 support to libswscale, though.
>>
>> How much will this one take?
>
> rgb48 input shouldnt be too hard if you can make sense of the swscale
> code, parts of it are in need of a cleanup ...

The swscale code is quite complex anyway, before considering that it is
rather difficult to read in many places because of macros giving
indirections. Or as M?ns put it, the code makes his eyes bleed.

I just wanted to note that diving into this code won't be the easiest
thing but don't give up, persevere and one should get there. As Michael
says, submit your code early and persist with it and you'll get much
more out of it and learn much more about our standards and how we operate.

Regards,
Rob