[FFmpeg-devel] Interested in applying SoC @ ffmpeg

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Mar 20 19:06:23 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 01:39:02PM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:51:36 +0100, Janez Urevc wrote:
> >> I added your name, but note that a simple patch for pngdec.c that does the
> >> rgb48->rtb32 conversion is
> >> 1. unlikely to reach svn
> >> 2. not enough as a qualification task.
> >>
> >> I can't say anything about adding rgb48 support to libswscale, though.
> >

> >How much will this one take?
>
> its not a qualification task.
> we should make this clear on the small tasks page...
>
> rgb48 patch is here:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-February/063450.html

This does more than just simple rgb48 input also it does not try to preserve
the 16bit per component.

anyway, if Janez wants to do something in this direction like trying to push
this patch in (its yuv2rgb part needs to be adapted to what we have in svn
now) or try to do rgb48 input with preserving of 16bits per component then
IMHO thats a valid qualification task
if he wants to do something else thats fine too ...

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus