[FFmpeg-devel] full swscale relicensing to LGPL

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 23 04:10:37 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 08:58:46PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> A company is apparently offering 20KEUR to have all of swscale relicensed
> under LGPL.

This is apparently false, they changed the offer.
They dont need swscale, rather they want to donate to the main developers,
without any specific development request or focus.
They also want to know how to get off the hall of shame

As iam neither "the main developers" (iam a single person last i checked)
and iam not maintainer of the hall of shame i cant really accept their
offer, nor help them.

If their new offer is serious, maybe someone with thicker skin wants
to contact them and claim that 20k for ffmpeg and use it for something
like bounties for specific tasks.

And iam deeply sorry for everyone who wasted time with this.

My offer to relicense my code in libswscale to LGPL still stands
and i suspects kostyas to rewrite yuv2rgb_template.c too.

I hate to see young programmers poisoned by the kind of thinking
Ulrich Drepper puts forward since it is simply too narrow -- Roman Shaposhnik