[FFmpeg-devel] Writing a "null" bitstreamfilter

Yohann Martineau yohann.martineau
Wed Mar 25 17:28:01 CET 2009

On 3/25/09, John Lange <john at johnlange.ca> wrote:
> Ultimately my goal is to write an h264 bitstream filter that adjusts the
> "level". To familiarize myself with concepts my first step was to create
> a "null" filter. In other words, just copy the input to the output
> making no changes.
>
> Below is the code I came up with and it seems to work just fine but I
> wanted to submit it here to see if there are any comments before
> continuing on with the next steps.

I think a "bitstream filter howto" would be great (and useful) on the
wiki, there's demuxer, codec, filter and usage howto, but no bitstream
filter howto. Maybe this "null" bitstream filter could be added as an
example in this page?

Maybe it's too simple to reach the wiki? But newbies like me
appreciate helpful resources...

Thank you,

yohann