[FFmpeg-devel] full swscale relicensing to LGPL

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Mar 26 05:12:40 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:44:44PM -0400, compn wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:52:35 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> >> This means that you canceled the LGPL license change?
> >
> >Did you read this thread?
>
> it seems like everyone's lgpl offer is still valid.

yes i see it that way as well ...
mine is valid given that someone pays me and if i receive payment so
should IMO kostya even if he agreed to do the rewrite for free. Also
id like to repeat my offer to share payment with all other authors
who had gpl code in there, but i dont volunteer to be the one sending
money around (tax & work being the reason), the one paying me
(if this ever happens) has to send each person his share.
Also i will only take money from some non dubious source, that is not
any company who is currently in violation of the *GPL.
I might be over carefull here but i dont want to burn my fingers ...
If we ever end up in court against such a company they could twist
things around and claim all kinds of stuff for what the money was.

> all thats left is for someone to go over the history and split/comment
> the gpl/lgpl code. so we can determine what needs to be rewritten.
> assuming someone wants to do this task, personally i'd wait until some
> company paid for that job.

i already did went over the code when i belived that the whole would happen
and yuv2rgb_template.c was the only file that i found that required a
rewrite. i also wanted to double check it but i did not do as the situation
changed ...

GMX, the mailprovider that uses RBL lists to reject mails from your friends
running their own mailserver at home. The mailprovider that obscures the
origin of mails (mis)identified as viruses. The mailprovider that improves
security my disallowing more secure forms of authentication.