[FFmpeg-devel] sending the SFLC after license violators

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Thu Mar 26 22:29:32 CET 2009

On date Thursday 2009-03-26 12:10:18 -0700, Baptiste Coudurier encoded:
> On 3/26/2009 7:36 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 02:46:27PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> There is a list on the multimedia wiki that shows how much energy
> >> everybody is dedicating to this topic:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=FFmpeg_SFLC_representation
> >
> > I think it may be a disadvantage to us to give violators a list of
> > who will file lawsuits against them, possibly long before it happens
> >

> LOL good move !

Hi, it's not clear to me what is meant with "individual copyright
holders", for example I don't think I have copyright on any of the
files of FFmpeg, but I can eventually send them a mail if it makes
sense (also if you can should a link to the procedure to follow that
would be nice).

Also I agree that maybe is not a good idea to make that list public.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Faithful and Funny Mastodontic Programmable Educated Glue