[FFmpeg-devel] MMX function crash with icc -fp-stack-check

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Mar 28 00:18:07 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 01:01:36PM -0400, ivanohe at abacom.com wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > This is the intendend behaviour (so to speak). -fp-stack-check will
> > rightfully crash if an MMX code has been called without clearing the
> > FPU state afterwards.
> >
> > However, if you read the code of libavcodec/imgconvert.c::int
> > avpicture_deinterlace
> >
> > you'll see that emms_c() is called after deinterlace_bottom_field() or
> > deinterlace_bottom_field_inplace() is called on all planes.
> >

> Since my original problem was caused by the mmx deinterlace code (from
> ffdeinterlace gstreamer filter), I finally found the cause :
>
> The emms_c() macro never call the emms() function since the
> dsputil_init()/dsputil_init_mmx() function is never called in a raw to raw
> conversion like this :

that is either off topic or you forgot to attach a patch
also theres libpostproc & libmpcodecs that contain better deinterlacers

Thouse who are best at talking, realize last or never when they are wrong.