[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code participation

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann
Sat Mar 28 13:55:38 CET 2009

Reimar D?ffinger schrieb:
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 12:20:32PM +0100, Thilo Borgmann wrote:
>
>> no. 12: "16-bit Interplay Video Decoder"
>> Sounds interesting and as there is a working 8-bit decoder, wich throws
>> some errors if operating on the 16-bit demo file, there seems to be a
>> good starting point. Unfortunately, the section about 16-bit opcodes is
>> far from useful, if opcodes would have to be changed, this task becomes
>> very difficult...
>> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Interplay_Video
>>

> I doubt the opcodes changed much, though the code to implement them will
> probably be quite different, since it (probably) operates on 16-bit
> data, I doubt there are dsputil functions for that.
> You can extract the video frames into separate files via:
> ./ffmpeg -i interplay-logo.mve -an -vcodec copy -copyinkf -f image2 test%04d.raw
> You can then try decoding a single one like this:
> ./ffmpeg -f image2 -vcodec interplayvideo -s 432x320 -i test0001.raw test.bmp
> Though you will have to comment out some of the interplayvideo code that
> expects a palette first - I assume that the 16 bit variant does not use
> a palette...

Thank you for these hints!

May be, I will inspect this issue later, as this seems to be a thing
where I can also support the project, but for the time being, I decided
to get on with the CorePNG problem.

TB