[FFmpeg-devel] Remaining problems in H.264 handling

Ivan Schreter schreter
Sat Mar 28 23:27:26 CET 2009

Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Ivan Schreter <schreter <at> gmx.net> writes:
>

>>> For MPlayer:
>>> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-advusers/2009-March/001882.html
>>> But I do not know of any PAFF sample that plays with currect MPlayer svn.
>>>

>> Looking at the samples, yes, this is the case of MPEG-TS file with field
>> pictures (at least the second one), which declares double frame rate. My
>> patch should fix it, since frame rate is detected correctly then (though
>> I don't have time to test with mplayer).
>>

> Thank you for resending.
> Unfortunately, the patch fixes no samples with MPlayer.

Sorry to hear that. I tested the second sample with my patch and it
detected correct frame rate. So it must be something different, what is
going wrong in mplayer and must be analyzed by mplayer developers.

Possibly the changes in time base handling of H.264 and MPEG-TS caused
this. But if so, then mplayer is possibly using wrong information to
scale timestamps to actual time.

Regards,

Ivan