[FFmpeg-devel] full swscale relicensing to LGPL

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 30 10:34:41 CEST 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 06:02:33PM +0200, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:51:28AM +0200, Romain Dolbeau wrote:
> >> As for me the money, I'm sure there's some cost involved in running the
> >> website or whatever, so use it for that.
> > perfectly fine with me, but what amount?
>
> Don't know, whatever it's worth...
>
> > also, just in case you missed it, there is noone offering any money for
> > swscale relicensing anymore currently.
>
> ... but doesn't that make the discussion irrelevant? I must be missing
> something.

yes, the discussion is irrelevant ATM
though having a LGPL sws for 20k on the table is something some company
could see and accept.

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus