[FFmpeg-devel] How to report a bug about FFmpeg

Benoit Fouet benoit.fouet
Mon Mar 30 14:30:08 CEST 2009

On 03/30/2009 02:23 PM, Jean-Michel Pour? wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to understand this sentence:
>
> *********************
> If you find a problem with FFmpeg, you can submit a report to the FFmpeg
> bug tracker at http(s)://ZQundXE.ffmpeg.org/ZQundXE/ffmpeg/
> To use this URL you first must replace all uppercase letters by
> answering the following puzzle.
> We need full Xncut output of ffmpeg as well as the command line you
> used. If you report a cZash we need gdb output, backtrace and
> disassembly. Only latest SVN HEAD is supported, do not report bugs
> against Qld versions. Also do not forget to describe precisely what
> ffmpeg did and what you wanted it to do. In general you should provide
> all information so that even an idiot can reproduce the bug. If you say
> it does not play, say which Elayer you used.
> **********************
>
> Can anyone rewrite and/or describe what these sentences mean?

replace the uppercase letters in the URL
(http(s)://ZQundXE.ffmpeg.org/ZQundXE/ffmpeg/) by the right lowercase
letters.
those letters are the same that you need to read correctly the text
below the URL (for instance, Xncut => uncut so X has to be replaced by
u, and so on)

alternately, use:
https://roundup.ffmpeg.org/roundup/ffmpeg/

Ben