[FFmpeg-devel] some renames in the regression testsuite

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Mar 30 18:35:00 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 05:32:18PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 03:54:32PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 02:22:46PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > > Those changes are done.  Next I wanted to change the filenames of the
> > > generated regression files to use lavf instead of libav, but when I
> > > apply the attached patch, the lavftest target fails with a difference
> > > during the gxf test.  I'm completely puzzled, all this does is rename
> > > a few files, how can this affect the result?
> >
> > Upload the two gxf files (assuming they differ).
>
> I have uploaded a dir named 'regtest_fail_file_rename' with 'before' and
> 'after' subdirectories to incoming.

gxf_write_material_data_section writes the file name into the output.
As you can probably guess I don't like that kind of stuff anyway, but
there are at least some bugs:
1) it assumes that / is the directory separator - while e.g. Windows
allows that \ can be used, too.
2) it probably should not be done with bitexact enabled