[FFmpeg-devel] VQA v3 GSoC questions, need help

The Deep Explorer thedeepexplorer
Mon Mar 30 18:58:50 CEST 2009

> HC-VQA.TXT says about the structure of VPTR chunks - it contains block indices,
> every index is actually an entry in codebook, so get index, read BlockW*BlockH*2
> bytes from the corresponding place of codebook and copy them to frame.

Am digging more into it, will send a crude patch by tomorrow morning
...my hunch says that
there will be vqfl tags for other v3 movies and somehow for this
particular movie nodlogo.vqa
there are vqfr only...

> P.S. Maybe Google will point you to some other VQA players with open source so you
> can see how it's done there.

Hmmm, I did not know that ....or think on those lines...the only
reason I took up the VQA player was that
Mike specified this as one of the qualifying tasks for the Flash
Screen Video 2 Codec
(http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-March/065354.html).
I look forward to completing the qualifying task and then getting into
the FFMpeg gsoc program.

Thanks,
-tde.