[FFmpeg-devel] VQA v3 GSoC questions, need help

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Mon Mar 30 20:11:02 CEST 2009

The Deep Explorer wrote:
>> HC-VQA.TXT says about the structure of VPTR chunks - it contains block indices,
>> every index is actually an entry in codebook, so get index, read BlockW*BlockH*2
>> bytes from the corresponding place of codebook and copy them to frame.
>
> Am digging more into it, will send a crude patch by tomorrow morning
> ...my hunch says that
> there will be vqfl tags for other v3 movies and somehow for this
> particular movie nodlogo.vqa
> there are vqfr only...

Note that this is very fortunate thing. It means you can implement _and_
test the decoding of VQFR+VPTZ chunks before implementing the other ones.

>> P.S. Maybe Google will point you to some other VQA players with open source so you
>> can see how it's done there.
>>

> Hmmm, I did not know that ....or think on those lines...the only
> reason I took up the VQA player was that
> Mike specified this as one of the qualifying tasks for the Flash
> Screen Video 2 Codec
> (http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2009-March/065354.html).
> I look forward to completing the qualifying task and then getting into
> the FFMpeg gsoc program.

I think his point is that if there is anything that is not clear in the
documentation, you try using the source code of other player as
documentation.

-Vitor