[FFmpeg-devel] some renames in the regression testsuite

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 30 21:38:28 CEST 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 12:04:34PM -0700, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 3/30/2009 10:17 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> >> WTF is that supposed to be good for?
> >
> > i agree this is sick, i can only imagine this to leak info the user is not
> > aware of (even we wherent aware of it ...)
>
> Like libavformat version by default ? Is the user aware of this ?
> Almost every muxer is already leaking this information....

the user probably isnt but the lavf version is at least usefull
just look at how many divx&xvid version checks we have in our mpeg4
decoder to workaround bugs. And our lavf isnt bugfree either ...

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire