[FFmpeg-devel] Stamping videos with info per download

steward at manscat.com steward
Wed May 13 13:17:08 CEST 2009

Dear geeks and gentle people,

I asked a question regarding a modification I was considering.
I got a tirade of uninformed and unrelated opinion.

Shame on this list.

Four public replies, none of which address a simple question about ffmpeg.
And three private flames (again, never mentioning the issue).

I tuck my tail firmly between my legs and disconnect.

I await your progress moving libavfilter from soc into the trunk.
Until then, vhook sucks, watermark and drawtext are lame kludges not worth
pursuing.

I have been serving my niche for almost ten years. I know my client base
and what will work. Also got plenty of laywers, corporate and copyright.
Don't need amateur and uninformed counsel from this group.

K&R was a shiny new book when I got my masters in Computing Science. I
will find my answers in the code, or delegate and fund another to do so.
There is or is not some kind of redundancy check on a video file, and it
can or cannot be recalculated with some measure of ease after "stamping" a
reserved space in the headers.

There may be all sorts of uses for the requested entry point that your
tiny minds cannot forsee. What do you care? Consider the question within
the famework of the software you are developing. Spare me your editorial.

I asked a question regarding a modification I was considering.
I got a tirade of uninformed and unrelated opinion.

Shame on this list:

> u r 2 stoopid 4 belief.

>long answer: Read up on watermarks.
>short answer: Forget it.

> First i wouldnt treat customers like prisoners/slaves
> second iam not a lawyer,
> third your customer has a right to sell the movie she got from you

> Fuck off asshole

> One can freely give a movie or book to everyone on earth, that no doubt
IS a advantage for everyone compared to a system restricting copying.