[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] lcldec: export YUV data as YUV

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat May 30 19:52:41 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 06:30:38PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 02:20:23PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> > attached patch makes the LCL decoder output YUV frames where the encoded
> > data is YUV, instead of doing YUV->RGB internally.
> > The UV data is signed, so the code does this conversion. This obviously
> > can be optimized since it could be done e.g. 4 bytes at a time via xor
> > 0x80808080, but this just doesn't seem _that_ important to me.
> > I suspect there might be ways to do it a bit less ugly, but I think it
> > is already an improvement as-is.
> > I admit though that the libswscale conversion used is unlikely to be
> > bit-exact to the original fixed-point one, though visually I couldn't
> > really see a difference.
>
> do we have some active maintainer for lcl? if not maybe you want to take
> over?

Well, since I fear Roberto is not active, I think no.
When I see no further reactions I intend to handle it as usual and apply
patches without sending them to the mailing list first, though this is
a change I want to make sure nobody has objections anyway, e.g. because
they are attached to having a bit-exact color space conversion since the
codec is called "lossless ...".
Once I've read more of the code I don't mind adding myself as maintainer
so people know who is familiar with the code.