[FFmpeg-devel] The state of FATE

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Sun Nov 1 04:07:10 CET 2009

M?ns Rullg?rd <mans <at> mansr.com> writes:

> Linux, icc 10.1.022: 310/311 tests pass
> - Regression tests fail on mp2.

This was introduced while this configuration was not tested.
I did not yet find time to get the exact revision breaking the conformance test.

> Linux, icc 11.0.083: xx/127 tests pass
> - Only 127 tests are run, why?

> - All h264 tests fail, various compiler bugs confirmed.
> - Regression tests fail on snow, snow53, svq1.  Any known cause?

These were all intel issue 540759. It was fixed for 11.1, I already asked Mike
to add 11.1 to FATE.
Official Intel answer regarding 11.0:
[This bug is not fixed] in 11.0 and won't be unless there's a strong request for
it. If there is then it will have to be escalated to management and after a
decision to do so is made, then it will be propagated to 11.0.

Note that there is still a bug in vc1 decoding for all 64 bit Intel compilers:
Intel issue 556938 concerning vc1_mc_4mv_chroma(). But since vc1 is not tested
by FATE, it does not currently matter.

Carl Eugen