[FFmpeg-devel] using usb hardware h264 encoders

Sergiy piratfm
Wed Nov 4 15:12:43 CET 2009

2009/11/3 Gwenole Beauchesne <gbeauchesne at splitted-desktop.com>

> Hi,
>

> On Tue, 3 Nov 2009, Sergiy wrote:
>
>  Also I integrate it with ffmpeg as libcrusher264, it's in very beta state,
>> but usable.
>>

> Looks interesting. Due to the lack of "native" FFmpeg H.264 encoder,

> I would be interested in extending the hwaccel hooks to support encoding

This would be best solution, i think.

> but I'd rather add those to the libx264 interface instead of an extra
> libcrusher264 one.

We can add some flag to ffmpeg "try to detect hw h264 accel".
In libx264.c crusher264 code can be selected, instead of x264 code (so we
don't need to add one more codec to ffmpeg).

>   I can help if I have the relevant HW.

I bought one on ebay it cost ~30$.