[FFmpeg-devel] tkhd transformation matrix in mov is ignored except for width/height and scaling

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Nov 4 15:59:15 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 07:17:14AM -0800, Samuel Gendler wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>wrote:
> >

> > 1. The matrix should be put in AVStream
> > 2. AVOutputFormat needs a new flag that indicates that a muxer is capable
> > of
> >   storing such a matrix.
> > 3. ffmpeg should copy such matrix to the output AVStream when the
> >   output muxer has that flag or if the flag is not set insert a avfilter
> > that can
> >   apply such matrix to all images
> > 3b. write such avfilter
> > 4. the mov muxer should write the matrix from AVStream into the output file
> >

> I'll see if I can't figure out how to do all of that.

Note, even doing just one part of it is usefull to us!
and one patch for each seperateable part instead of one big one is preferred

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.