[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Request for pixdesc API review

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sun Nov 8 18:35:43 CET 2009

Hi,

we recently got completed all the definitions for the pixel format
descriptors in libavutil/pixdesc.{h,c}.

pixdescs API is the designated replacement for the hackish PixFmtInfo
system defined in libavcodec/imgconvert.c, and it may be used, once
completed, at least by lavfi and lsws code.

Since now mainly just Micheal and me worked on it, before pixdescs API
can be published, we need, as suggested by Michael, a review of the
new API from some other developer, especially to get sure that it is
clear enough and we are not missing pieces.

See the thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/99224

In particular I plan to move it back to lavc and start to replace the
functions using PixFmtInfo with corresponding functions using
pixdescs, then once this will be done I plan to move it again to lavu
and enable it.

Comments are very welcome.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fierce and Faboulous Magical Pitiless Erratic God