[FFmpeg-devel] Fix get wrong frame rate with rm/rmvb files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Sun Nov 15 14:17:19 CET 2009

Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger <at> gmx.de> writes:

> > > Well, I'd say it's the demuxer that should concatenate them though
> > > (which is obviously what MPlayer's demuxer does) or alternatively
> > > a parser.
> >
> > Actually, decoder does that - since MPlayer demuxer fails this one too
> > and binary decoder does not produce wrong picture.
>
> Oh. Just because Carl said it worked with MPlayer's native demuxer,
> though I don't know if that has the side-effect of choosing the binary
> decoder or something.

Sorry for the confusion:
With libavcodec's decoder, one frame is visibly damaged, the binary decoder
shows all frames correctly (no matter which demuxer). This has nothing to do
with the patch (and the A/V sync problems this sample has), I just wanted Kostya
to know.

MPlayer's native demuxer reports 23fps and plays the sample smoothly. mplayer
-demuxer real -fps 23 plays video too slow, mplayer -demuxer real -fps 30 plays
fine.
mplayer -demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts plays the video too slow (reporting 12 fps).
ffplay, ffmpeg and mplayer -demuxer lavf -correct-pts produce visible jitter.
With the patch, 23 fps are reported, and there is less (but still visible)
jitter.

mplayer -demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts -mc 1 plays without jitter, but has
constant de-sync (higher without the patch).

Carl Eugen