[FFmpeg-devel] about participating in the development of FFmpeg

sam lewis sam.lews
Thu Nov 19 04:42:19 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:
> sam lewis <sam.lews <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I agree that it is proper to choose some simpler task to get fammilar with
>> the project. On the interesting patches list, I found 'PES packetizer' quite
>> interesting. I would like to help clean up this patch. Would you please
>> give me some more information about this patch?
>
> It needs svn cp libavformat/mpegenc.c libavformat/mpeg_pes_enc.c
Sorry, I do not understand what this means. Would you please give me some
more detailed description?

>> Or should I choose another to work on?
>
> I'd just like to add that I believe the "G722 decoder by Chas Williams" might be
> the simplest task (to start).

According to the description on the interesting patch list, the thing
needs to be
done to clean up this patch seems to be removing the encoder part.
Any mistakes?

>> As to the RealAudio encoder, I would like to continue working on it but
>> as a long term task. The RealAudio decoder seems to be contained
>> in ra144.c and ra288.c. I think it will take me about 1-2 moths to finish the
>> encoder.
>
> Good luck, this certainly would be welcome!
> (Note that lately, it was difficult to get encoders through the patch reviews...)

Thanks
Sam