[FFmpeg-devel] Additional RTSP issues

Stas Oskin stas.oskin
Thu Nov 26 12:13:49 CET 2009

Hi.

After being some on and off time on this, I finally found a detailed
description for this protocol (curiously there was no documentation from
Apple on this):
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/cgi-bin/dwww?type=file&location=/usr/share/doc/dss/RTSP_Over_HTTP.pdf.gz

It confirms my initial idea, that client starts with a single request, then
it passively reads what server sends it.

So my idea for implementation is as following:

1) I will first try to extend rtsp.c (to reuse the existing functions).

2) Will use url_open() to start initial connection.

3) Then will packetize the data as it comes, and forward to necessary FFMPEG
functions.

Any suggestions / improvements to this approach?

Thanks.