[FFmpeg-devel] MPEG decoding on the iPhone is buggy

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Oct 1 16:29:02 CEST 2009

Hi Yoni,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Yoni Levy <yonilevy at gmail.com> wrote:
[..]
> I didn't use ffmpeg itself, I'm just using the libs to decode video. I'm
> pretty sure though [..]
[..]
>> > I've written a mock-up iPhone application that uses the latest ffmpeg
>> (SVN
>> > version) in conjunction with ffmpeg4iphone patches to play video from a
>> file
>> > on the iPhone device.

The rule is to use plain vanilla SVN.

I recommend to turn off optimizations and asm while compiling ffmpeg,
so as to turn off any of the code produced by ffmpeg4iphone. then, try
to reproduce it using plain ffmpeg in a terminal on your iphone.

Yes this is complicated, but right now you're essentially asking us to
look into a bug that is likely produced by a patch that didn't even
originate from us, you're unlikely to findan easy solution. :-).

Ronald