[FFmpeg-devel] [bug/patch] MPEG-TS muxer: PCR not in sync withPTS/DTS

Alexandre FERRIEUX - FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL alexandre.ferrieux
Fri Oct 2 10:11:22 CEST 2009

Niobos wrote:
> On 01 Oct 2009, at 16:20, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> -{"muxrate", "set mux rate", OFFSET(mux_rate), FF_OPT_TYPE_INT,
>>> DEFAULT, 0, INT_MAX, E},
>>> +{"muxrate", "set mux rate", OFFSET(mux_rate), FF_OPT_TYPE_INT,
>>> DEFAULT, INT_MIN, INT_MAX, E},
>>
>> iam against such hacks, rates are positive values
>> about the rest of the patch, no comment, ive not reviewed it.
>
> I agree that is is a hack.
> However, I don't know enough of the ffmpeg-code to know if/where to add
> an extra option such as -muxvbr or use some sort of -flags variant.

FWIW, adding an option amounts to adding a line in ffmpeg.c (in the OptionDef constant array). Here is one from my sandbox:

+    { "pcroff", HAS_ARG | OPT_INT | OPT_EXPERT, {(void*)&pcr_offset}, "offset to PCR in TS mux", "pcr-90kHz-units" },

-Alex