[FFmpeg-devel] [bug/patch] MPEG-TS muxer: PCR not in sync withPTS/DTS

Niobos niobos
Fri Oct 2 12:53:33 CEST 2009

On 02 Oct 2009, at 10:11, Alexandre FERRIEUX - FT/RD/SIRP/ASF/SOFTL
wrote:

>> However, I don't know enough of the ffmpeg-code to know if/where to
>> add an extra option such as -muxvbr or use some sort of -flags
>> variant.
>
> FWIW, adding an option amounts to adding a line in ffmpeg.c (in the
> OptionDef constant array). Here is one from my sandbox:
>
> +    { "pcroff", HAS_ARG | OPT_INT | OPT_EXPERT,
> {(void*)&pcr_offset}, "offset to PCR in TS mux", "pcr-90kHz-units" },

I also found some options hiding in libavformat/options.c. What should
go where?

I propose to have VBR-muxing as default and add "-muxcbr" to overwrite
this. I'd like to have some support for these change. Is it wise to
change the default behaviour (currently, the default is CBR which
usually fails because of it)?

Niobos