[FFmpeg-devel] [HOWTO] Building FFmpeg for iPhone

David Conrad lessen42
Sat Oct 3 11:40:03 CEST 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Mike Melanson wrote:

> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> I am pleased to announce that FFmpeg can now be built unpatched for
>> the iPhone.  The process is still not entirely without pain, however.
>> Here's how it's done:
>
> Excellent! So... FATE configuration? :)

I looked at this, and there are some problems:
1: the iPhone kernel does not appear to have any support for remote
filesystems.
2: sshfs is dog slow (there's a huge delay when closing a ssh
connection for whatever reason)
3: netatalk doesn't appear to set permissions correctly, so ffmpeg/
ffserver aren't marked as executable

Anyway, on my iPod touch 1g make test has been going for two hours
only to get stuck on dnxhd_720p_rd. I'll try it again overnight.

By the way, does the script at http://fate.multimedia.cx/running.html
include Mans' changes for cross-compiling?