[FFmpeg-devel] [HOWTO] Building FFmpeg for iPhone

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Oct 3 19:03:00 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 11:05:43PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> "Ronald S. Bultje" <rsbultje at gmail.com> writes:
> >> 4a. For iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch 3G 32GB/64GB, use this command:
> >> 4b. For other iPhone or iPod Touch models, use this command:
> >
> > What if I want one that is cross-compatible with both?
>
> Binaries for the old devices will work on the new ones.  However,
> FFmpeg will be *much* faster if built for the 3GS since it supports
> NEON.

Is there some way to do runtime detection of NEON?
Probably won't give the same speed (since it only affects dsputils code)
and bloat the code a bit so most people might not want it, but at least
optionally it would be nice I'd think.