[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] print license and configuration for each lib

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Oct 28 18:04:35 CET 2009

Here's something I started and wanted to have some feedback on before I
progress.  Sometimes it can be useful to have the exact configuration
and license string in each library and have it printed by each library.

Here is a proof of concept patch that does it for libavutil and
libavcodec.  Once the chinks are worked out I can lather, rinse, repeat
for the others.

I made two alternative implementations, choose the one you prefer.
Things that could possibly be improved (but might not be worth the
trouble):

- The licensing information for each library could be more detailed.
  For example, libavutil is always LGPL, even when FFmpeg was compiled
  in GPL mode.
- Use a single function to perform the job.

Diego