[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] FFmpeg Foundation

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Oct 29 02:32:57 CET 2009

Hi Ivo

On Oct 28, 2009, at 8:09 PM, Ivo <ivop at euronet.nl> wrote:
> - Am I right in assuming this will be a Community Foundation?

Yes.

> - Have statutes and regulations been written and are they online
> somewhere
> so we can review them?

Not yet, Karen is writing them. I will post when they are done for
review.

> - How about copyrights? Have you considered trying to have
> contributors
> (past and present) to sign-over their copyright to this foundation?

Won't happen (most devs would never agree to that), and makes it
legally very risky (single point of attack for patent trolls a la
mpegla, etc). The org will assist, not legally represent FFmpeg devs.

> - Also, probably a separate issue, but it's something I have thought
> about
> in the past, are you considering registering FFmpeg as a trademark?

Good point, didn't someone do that already though? If not, we could
certainly consider that. What goal would it serve?

Ronald